This salad is proof that with a few fresh and seasonal ingredients perfectly paired, you can make an incredible dish!
All you need to create this classic Grilled Peach Burrata Salad are perfectly ripe peaches, creamy burrata, and some peppery arugula salad. Together, the flavors combine to make a mouth-watering and summery salad that feels made for alfresco dinners.
The peaches in this dish are grilled which makes them juicier, adds a little smokiness, and intensifies their deep summer sweetness.
Pro Tip: For grilling, cut the peaches in halves, rather than wedges. This prevents them from falling through the grill grates and from charring too quickly. If your peaches are very large, slice them into wedges once grilled.
If you aren’t familiar with burrata cheese, it will probably become one of your new go-to cheeses of choice. It’s basically a soft and creamy ball of deliciousness. From Southern Italy, burrata is a fresh cheese made from the milk of cow or buffalo. To make the burrata, an outer shell made of stretched mozzarella cheese creates a pouch that is filled with the soft curds of mozzarella and cream. In a word, burrata is cheese PERFECTION!
Grilled Peach Burrata Salad
- 4 ripe peaches, washed, cut in half and pitted
- 4 small burrata balls remove from fridge for 1 hour
- 1 4-6 oz bag of arugula
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh mint
- olive oil to drizzle
- balsamic glaze
- sea salt for finishing
- Preheat your grill to 400 degrees.
- With the skins still on the peaches, place the peaches flesh side down the grill. Close the lid and grill for 4-5 minutes.
- Open the grill, turn the peaches over, skin side down, cover grill and grill for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove peaches from grill and begin to plate your salad while peaches are resting.
- Arrange the arugula on a large serving platter and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Place your grilled peach haves on top of the arugula and arrange your four burrata balls on top of the arugula.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze over the peaches and arugula and sprinkle a pinch or two of sea salt over the peaches and arugula.
- Garnish with fresh mint.
If you want another yummy summer salad, try our Mediterranean Summer Salad.
Making this recipe? Be sure and share it with us on the WOT Instagram or on Facebook!
All photos by Lorianne DeVita