Because who doesn't need a little more guacamole in their life?
Foodie Week could not be complete without a recipe from our friend and chef, Rocco DiSpirito. Rocco brings us this super easy and oh so beautiful twist to one of our Women of Today favorites, guacamole!
With the addition of toasted pumpkin seeds and a burst of colorful pomegranate seeds, this recipe takes us from summer, right into fall. Serve with pork rinds or your favorite tortilla chip.
Guacamole With Pepitas and Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 avocado, ripe
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, fresh cracked
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds (pepitas), toasted
- 2 tbsp pomegranate, seeds
- 2 oz pork rinds
- Scoop the avocado into a bowl (or a large mortar). Add the shallot, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, sea salt, and pepper and use a potato masher (or the pestle) to mash until combined, but the avocado should still be a little chunky.
- Garnish with the toasted pepitas and pomegranate seeds. Serve with the pork rinds or your favorite tortilla chips.
Want more yummy recipes from Rocco DiSpirito? Try his Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie + Frozen Keto Margarita.
Making this recipe? Be sure and share it with us on the WOT Instagram or on Facebook!
Recipe and image by Rocco DiSpirito.