If you're looking for a bright and colorful salad that is packed with fresh and flavorful vegetables, this recipe is it!
Fresh out of the WOT Test Kitchen this week is this easy recipe for our Mediterranean Summer Salad. Taking only about 20 minutes to make from start to finish, this salad is delicious and also very versatile.
It’s as easy as chopping your veggies, mixing your dressing and tossing it all together. What makes the flavors different from a Greek Salad is the addition of fresh mint, parsley, and garlic.
The fresh herbs mixed with the light dressing create a beautiful and tasty salad, perfect for dining outside in the warm summer air!
Pro Tip: This recipe calls to add salt to your tomatoes. It really helps to bring out the natural juices and sweetness of the tomatoes so don’t miss this step!
This fresh and crunchy salad is also very easily modified! This recipe is naturally gluten free and vegan, but you can easily add cheese or a protein to it if you want to make it a complete meal. We served ours with some stuffed grape leaves and sliced bread.
We hope you enjoy this seasonal dish as much as we do!
Mediterranean Summer Salad
- 1 English Cucumber, halved, seeds removed and chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped or shaved
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- In a large mixing bowl add the chopped cucumber and to with the chopped tomatoes. Sprinkle the ½ teaspoon of sea salt on top of the tomatoes. The salt helps to bring out the natural juices and sweetness of the tomatoes. Set aside while you continue to prep the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the onion, garlic, parsley and mint to the bowl with the tomatoes and cucumbers.
- In a separate bowl or large measuring cup, combine all dressing ingredients. Use a whisk to combine. You might notice the dressing emulsify immediately.
- Pour dressing over the salad ingredients and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately and enjoy all the fresh taste of summertime.
If you want another yummy Mediterranean recipe, try our One Pot Mediterranean Chicken.
Making this recipe? Be sure and share it with us on the WOT Instagram or on Facebook!
All photos by Lorianne DeVita