Are you ready to go on a culinary journey to a little Italian village?
Today we welcome to WOT Chef Daniel Green who is sharing with us his Tuscan-inspired recipe for White Bean Puree with Shrimp. What makes this dish so great? It’s easy, healthy and takes almost no time to make!
Chef Green believes that food should take you on a journey, and this dish will transport you right over to Italy. Here is the best part: It’s very easy to make and you likely already have all of the simple ingredients sitting in your pantry! Have a look at the video above to see Chef Green whip up this dish.
The ingredients are very simple, but they are quality, and together they create a simple yet authentic and elegant dish that is fit for a restaurant!
Pro Tips: Oil the food, not the pan! This helps you use less oil. When the shrimp change color, they are cooked! They don’t need much frying at all. Be sure not to add your paprika to your shrimp until the very end or you will run the risk of burning your shrimp!
Chef Daniel Green's White Bean Puree with Shrimp
- 1 lb peeled large shrimp
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can drained white beans (cannellini are good)
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp fresh chopped chives
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- Using a stick blender or a food processor, blend the beans, 3 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice, 3 cloves garlic. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Place in a saucepan on a very low heat, and warm through.
- Meanwhile use the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and place it over the shrimp and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Heat a large nonstick pan on high heat.
- Cook the shrimp for about 45 seconds to one minute each side, add the paprika and a tablespoon of olive oil with a dash of lemon. Toss and take off the heat.
- Serve over the beans with a drizzle of olive oil or truffle oil and the chopped chives.
Make sure to follow Chef Daniel Green on Facebook and Instagram for more great recipes! Chef Green also has a new cookbook coming out this fall that is full of healthy recipes. You can check out his cookbooks here.