We love a good one-pot recipe around here and this colorful meal will bring a WOW factor to your table!
If you aren’t familiar with a one-pot meal, it’s an entire dish that can be made in just one pot. That’s right, it means LESS CLEANUP, and we are all about it.
All of these ingredients in this One-Pot Mediterranean Chicken work well together, but what we love most is the addition of the wine and vinegar to the sauce that adds so much flavor to the dish!
This One Pot Mediterranean Chicken was a big hit in the WOT test kitchen (it’s going to be on repeat), and we know you will love it too. It’s a really good go-to meal for weeknight dinners because it is quick and easy and again, not very much cleanup!
We served ours with couscous, but rice or a simple potato would work great too. You can definitely get a little creative and figure out how you like to serve this meal. For a salad pairing with this meal, try this Mixed Greens and Roasted Pear Salad.
We have some other great one-pot meals if you want to check out more of them. Try our One Pot Vegan Thai Chickpea Curry, or our Lemon, Chicken and Vegetable One Pot Meal.
One Pot Mediterranean Chicken
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 large chicken thigh cutlets, skin on, trimmed
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 small carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 peppers, finely chopped (any color)
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp honey (for drizzle)
- Steamed couscous, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Fresh parsley, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees with convection / 375 standard bake
- Heat the oil in a large, Dutch oven or a deep covered cast iron skillet that is oven safe over medium- high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken skin side down for 5 minutes, flip and cook other side for another 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onions, carrots, celery and bell peppers to the pan, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Add garlic and bay leaves. Cook, stirring, for 1minute or until fragrant. Add vinegar and wine. Bring to a simmer.
- Return chicken to pan skin side up and add thyme sprigs. Cover. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and uncover. Spoon sauce mixture over chicken and drizzle honey on chicken. Return pan to oven uncovered and bake for 25minutes or until chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Serve with couscous and lemon wedges.
If you make this recipe, be sure and share a photo with us on the WOT Instagram!
All photos by Lorianne DeVita