Get ready to start your grills because we have a must-make recipe for all our salmon lovers!
Get ready to elevate your typical salmon and let us introduce to you our savory Grilled Salmon with Savory Blueberry Sauce. This new Test Kitchen recipe combines the richness of perfectly cooked salmon with the vibrant flavors of fresh blueberries and balsamic vinegar (trust us when we say this combo is amazing). The best part is you can prepare the sauce ahead of time, making it a convenient choice for any occasion.
Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply craving a quality meal at home, this dish will surely become one of your new favorites.
Tip: If you’re looking to switch things up, this versatile sauce also pairs beautifully with grilled chicken or pork.
Try serving with these Garlic Parmesan Roasted Green Beans.
Grilled Salmon with Savory Blueberry Sauce
- 4 pieces of Salmon
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 pat of butter
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, simmer the balsamic vinegar until it is reduced to just about half the amount. Add the blueberries and maple syrup. Simmer until the blueberries begin to burst, cooking for a minute or two. Remove from heat and add a pat of butter and stir until combined. Cover and set sauce aside if using immediately.
- Pat the salmon dry and in a grill pan or on a grill at medium-high heat. Cook skin side down for 3-4 minutes. Timing depends on the salmon's thickness and the grill's heat.
- Flip the salmon over and cook for 1-2 minutes or until desired temperature/doneness.
- Remove the salmon from the grill and top with a spoonful or two of the savory blueberry sauce.
All photos by Lorianne DeVita