A new + delicious taco recipe just in time for Cinco de Mayo!
These Grilled Shrimp Tacos are the perfect addition to any Cinco de Mayo celebration, Taco Tuesday, or just when you need a simple weeknight meal! The recipe requires minimal preparation and cooking time, making it an easy and quick meal to whip up.
The shrimp is marinated in lime juice and olive oil for a tangy and slightly sweet flavor that pairs well with the freshness of the cucumber jalapeño coleslaw! The warm tortillas are the perfect vessel for the juicy and tender shrimp, making each bite a delicious and satisfying experience. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can also add some of our Easiest Salsa Ever for an extra kick of spice. These Grilled Shrimp Tacos are sure to be a hit with family and friends!
Grilled Shrimp Tacos
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Limes cut into wedges
- warm tortillas
- Cucumber Jalapeno Slaw (recipe below)
- Easiest Salsa Ever (recipe below(
- fresh cilantro
- Combine the shrimp, lime juice, and olive oil. Gently mix and marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes, but up to 2 hours for extra flavor.
- On a preheated grill or grilling pan, cook shrimp and cook 4 – 5 minutes per side or until shrimp is cooked through. The cooking time will depend on how large your shrimp are. Shrimp are cooked when they are opaque white, and firm.
- Place a little coleslaw on the bottom of the tortilla and top with a few grilled shrimp. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and lime wedges on the side.
- Serve with extra limes on the side.
Cucumber Jalapeño Coleslaw
- 1 10oz package of shredded cabbage (some brands have carrot in it too, that’s what we used)
- 1 large jalapeño, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1.5 limes, zested and juiced, divided
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cabbage, cucumber,jalapeño, onion, cilantro and lime zest.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and all the lime juice. Stir to combine and make the dressing. Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to coat well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
The Easiest Salsa Ever
- 28 oz can of petite diced tomatoes (slightly drained)
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 large lime or 2 small limes, zest and juice
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers or serrano chilis, chopped optional depending on if you like spicy
- Add all ingredients into a blender or bowl that you can use an emersion blender. Pulse / blend until combined, but still leaving texture to the ingredients.
- Transfer to a container with a lid, cover and refrigerate for 8-10 hours or overnight.
Making this recipe? Be sure and share it with us on the WOT Instagram or on Facebook!
All photos by Lorianne DeVita