This is a tried-and-true, super simple salsa recipe that will most likely have you leaving the store-bought stuff at the store!
Salsa is one of those staple foods that is SO easy to make at home, yet we all tend to pick it up at the store. With only 7 simple and natural ingredients, this salsa recipe is so easy to make, you will never want to buy salsa from the store again.
This recipe also happens to be one of Camila’s guilty pleasures for a late-night snack.
This is how simple it is: A quick rough chop to the onions and cilantro and everything else goes right into the blender.
The one important note on this recipe is to make it in the morning or the night before so all the flavors have a chance to meld together. If you like your salsa extra spicy, add an extra jalapeno or serrano. If you like mild salsa, skip the peppers altogether! We suggest storing your salsa in a mason jar.
Looking for something great to go with this salsa? Try Camila’s family recipe for Erica McConaughey’s Chunky Guacamole!
The Easiest Salsa Ever
- 28 oz can of petite diced tomatoes (slightly drained)
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 large lime or 2 small limes, zest and juice
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers or serrano chilis, chopped optional depending on if you like spicy
- Add all ingredients into a blender or bowl that you can use an emersion blender. Pulse / blend until combined, but still leaving texture to the ingredients.
- Transfer to a container with a lid, cover and refrigerate for 8-10 hours or overnight.
All photos by Lorianne DeVita