In honor of National Mojito Day (yes, it's a thing) we bring to you a classic recipe for this iconic Cuban cocktail.
To celebrate National Mojito Day we thought we would bring in an expert who really knows how to make this fantastic drink. Today, Jean Felix from Truffles on the Rocks is showing us how to make his Lazy Mojito.
Here is what you are going to need: white rum, limes, fresh mint, sugar or simple syrup, and some soda water. Take a look at the video below to see Jean Felix make this cocktail. Making this drink is easy, but it’s also all about the details (hint, you are going to want to slap your mint to wake it up).
In the video above Jean Felix also shares two more great mojito recipes if you are feeling more adventurous and want to keep the cocktail class going!
The Lazy Mojito
- 1 small mason jar
- Several sprigs of mint
- Several mint leaves
- 1 oz Fresh squeezed lime juice Saving one half of the juiced lime and cutting it into 4 pieces
- 1 oz Simple syrup
- 2 oz White rum
- Soda water
- Take several mint leaves, give them a clap to wake them up and add them to the Mason jar.
- Add the 1 oz. of lime juice to the jar.
- Add the 4 pieces of the juiced lime half into the jar.
- Add 1 oz. of the simple syrup into the jar.
- Add 2oz. of the white rum
- Fill the jar with ice to the rim. Cover with lid and shake well.
- Once it is cold, open the jar, add more ice and top it with soda water.
- Insert straw and mix to incorporate the soda water into the drink.
- Finally, take several sprigs of fresh mint, give them a tap to wake them up and add to the top of the jar for garnish.
Recipe, video and image by Jean Felix of Truffles On The Rocks.