For this WOT Test Kitchen recipe, we combined two of our favorite things: Halloween and guacamole!
It really doesn’t get any more festive and fun than this recipe!
This recipe is all about the assembly (which is easy by the way!). With the addition of some healthy ingredients, you can put together this festive Guacamole Witch. We used blue corn tortilla chips for a hat, and sliced carrots for hair. For eyes, we used tomatoes, olives, and capers. For the nose, we sliced an apple, and the mouth we made from a carrot (also switch the mouth up with using tomato as well). You can also do a bell pepper smile (or frown).
This is a great recipe for the little ones to get in on!
- 3 avocados, ripe
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/3 cup chopped apple, use extra apple for decorating
- baby carrots, thinly sliced lengthwise
- blue tortilla chips
- 1 slice of a Roma tomato
- 1 green or black olives (cut in half)
- 2 capers
- Mash the three avocados in a bowl, add lime juice and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine and fold in the chopped apple.
- Using a serving dish, begin to make your witch’s hat with the blue tortillas.
- Scoop the guacamole and place just under the blue tortilla chips to create the “face”.
- Arrange and add more tortilla chips as needed to create the shape of a hat.
- Add the thinly sliced carrots on each side of the “face”.
- Build the “eyes” with on slice of tomato, topped with half an olive and a caper in the center.
- Use the balance of your apple to create a “nose” and mouth or you can use a slice of carrot for the mouth. Get creative!
Want another fun Halloween recipe? Try our Spider Curry Deviled Eggs!
All photos by Lorianne DeVita