This recipe for Halloween Spider Curry Deviled Eggs is super easy to do, and makes for a perfectly spooky appetizer!
A fun twist on classic deviled eggs, these festive spider-themed ones infuse the flavor of curry!
Using just black olives to form the spiders, this recipe keeps things nice and simple and is actually very easy to assemble! It’s also a great appetizer for the little ones who will have a great time adding spiders to their snack.
Spider Curry Deviled Eggs
- 6 large eggs, hardboiled
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or paprika
- 1/4 cup regular or avocado mayo
- pinch of salt
- 12 pitted black olives
- Garnish: sprinkle of cayenne or paprika to top
- Slice hardboiled eggs in half and scoop out the yokes into a small mixing bowl.
- Once all yokes are removed, add curry powder, cayenne or paprika, mayo, and salt. With a fork, mix well to create a fluffy well incorporated mixture.
- Place all the yolk mixture into a small plastic zip bag, cut the corner of the bag with scissors taking off about 1/4" of the corner. This will allow you to pipe the mixture into the hallowed yolks. Pipe mixture evenly into all the hallowed yolks. When finished, sprinkle cayenne or paprika over the top of the deviled eggs.
- Using a paring knife, slice all the black olives in half lengthwise. Half of the olive becomes the "body" of the spider and is placed in the middle of the deviled egg. The other half needs to be sliced into 8 narrow strips, they become the "legs" for each body.
- Assemble your "spiders" and serve!
All photos by Lorianne DeVita