The Halloween appetizer that's almost too adorable to eat... almost!
These spooky pepper bites from @ugotmecheesin are the perfect Halloween party appetizer for kids and adults, and the best part is they come together really easily!
WOT we love about this recipe: The cheese filling is really versatile, and you can mix and match a number of different flavors in it to make it your own. So by all means, feel free to get creative with this one.
Halloween Cheesy Pepper Mummy Bites
- 8-10 mini peppers
- ⅔ cream cheese
- ⅔ goat cheese
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 package candy eyes
- 2 egg whites for egg wash
- 1 tbsp jalapeno, minced
- 1 tbsp chives
- 1 tbsp honey
- Thaw puff pastry as directed and let cheeses come to room temperature.
- Preheat your oven at 425.
- Mix your cream cheese and goat cheese (1:1 ratio) with chives, jalapeño, honey, and salt and pepper to taste (amounts are totally up to you!)
- Cut your mini peppers in half, deseed, and stuff with the cheese filling.
- Cut thin strips of your puff pastry and wrap around each stuffed pepper like a mummy.
- Egg wash or butter wash each mummy and bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Add candy eyes, garnish with extra herbs and enjoy!
Recipe and photos by @ugotmecheesin