This recipe for wings is a hit with my kids, but honestly, everyone loves them!
You can’t really go wrong with a wing recipe that is baked, homemade, and has very simple ingredients. Now, my kids like this recipe pretty simple but you can always add more spices and extra seasoning depending on how your kids’ taste buds are.
Some tips when making this recipe:
You definitely want to marinate the wings in the rub for at least two hours. The trick is also to massage your rub into your wings really well!
When you place the wings on your baking sheet, lay them skin down at first. You will flip them several times during the baking process. On the final broil, watch these wings like a hawk! You don’t want them to burn.
Honey Chicken Wingettes
- 3 lbs. of organic antibiotic free chicken wingettes (wings/drumettes)
- 1.5 large lemons juiced, plus 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1.5 tsp flake salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp olive oil
- honey for drizzling in broiling step
- **Oven will be set to 375 degrees, but chicken needs to marinate for at least 2 hours before cooking**
- In a large bowl, squeeze the juice of 1 and half large lemons over the chicken.
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, salt, paprika, olive oil, and reserved 1 tsp of lemon juice to form the rub. Massage the rub in the chicken and marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours minimum or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and position the rack in the center of the oven.
- Place the marinated wings and drumette skin side down on foil lined large baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and turn the pieces over, for the wings, skin side up and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove wings from oven and raise oven rack to top third of the oven. Increase the oven temperature to Broil.
- While wings are out of the oven, drizzle honey over wings. Return chicken wings to oven and broil 2-3 minutes. (Warning – Watch them closely, they can burn easily depending on your oven strength.)
- Second time, remove the wings from the oven and drizzle a little more honey. Return to oven for another 2-3 minutes until nicely browned. (Warning – Watch them closely, they can burn easily depending on your oven strength.)
Technique Tip: Really rub the seasoning into the chicken. If you have the time marinate the night before. With the honey use the squeeze bottle for drizzling.
Swap Option: Not applicable for this recipe
Why I Love This Recipe: My kids don't even let me get to the table with them...!
Watch Camila share the recipe live on the Today Show