Honey Chicken Wingettes
- 3 lbs. of Organic Antibiotic Free Chicken Wingettes (Wings/Drumettes)
- 1.5 large lemons juiced plus 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 and half tsp flake salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Honey for drizzling in broiling step
- * I keep it this recipe simple you can add more spices and extra seasoning depending on how your kids taste buds are.
- **Oven will be set to 375 degrees, but chicken needs to marinate for at least 2 hours before cooking**
- Step 1: In a large bowl, squeeze the juice of 1 and half large lemons over the chicken.
- Step 2: In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, salt, paprika, olive oil, and reserved 1 tsp of lemon juice to form the rub. Massage the rub in the chicken and marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours minimum or overnight.
- Step 3: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and position the rack in the center of the oven.
- Step 4: Place the marinated wings and drumette skin side down on foil lined large baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Step 5: Remove baking sheet from oven and turn the pieces over, for the wings, skin side up and bake for 10 minutes.
- Step 6: Remove wings from oven and raise oven rack to top third of the oven. Increase the oven temperature to Broil.
- Step 7: While wings are out of the oven, drizzle honey over wings. Return chicken wings to oven and broil 2-3 minutes. (Warning – Watch them closely, they can burn easily depending on your oven strength.)
- Step 8: Second time, remove the wings from the oven and drizzle a little more honey. Return to oven for another 2-3 minutes until nicely browned. (Warning – Watch them closely, they can burn easily depending on your oven strength.)
Technique Tip: Really rub the seasoning into the chicken. If you have the time marinate the night before. With the honey use the squeeze bottle for drizzling.
Swap Option: Not applicable for this recipe
Why I Love This Recipe: My kids don't even let me get to the table with them...!