It's summer time and cooking skewers on the barbeque is pretty much a mandatory seasonal meal
Everyone seems to love a good skewer and this Italian Sausage Skewers recipe is super easy to make and delivers! What is great about this recipe is that you can get creative with your favorite sausage — go for hot, mild, chicken, whatever you want.
These skewers can be assembled in about 10 minutes and there is no marinating required, just an easy brushing sauce! As always, work with what you have in your produce drawer. We made our skewers bright and colorful with bell peppers, tomatoes, and onions.
And of course, we love that this $20 Tuesday recipe comes in under $20!
Italian Sausage Skewers
- 4 Italian sausage links, each link cut into 4 pieces
- 2 green or red bell peppers, cut into 16 pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 16 pieces
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Working with one skewer at a time, layering your ingredients onto the skewer while evenly diving the ingredients between all four skewers.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Whisk together until well incorporated.
- Heat grill to medium high. Place all skewers onto grill and brush with sauce. Continue cooking, turning skewers and brushing with sauce until sausage is cooked through. Approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve with coleslaw, potatoes, or your favorite salad.
If you want more $20 Tuesday recipes you can check them out here!
All photos by Lorianne DeVita
Note: $20 is an approximate cost for this dish. The actual price of all ingredients may vary.