This is how we serve kale!
Camila shows us a quick and easy salad recipe that she loves! This Kale Salad with Mandarin Oranges is refreshing and is perfect for a light lunch or side dish. It is packed with nutrients and antioxidants, and it has a bright and citrusy flavor.
We added a pop of color and crunch with the purple cabbage!
Kale Salad with Mandarin Oranges
- 1 bunch of kale stem removed and chopped
- olive oil for kale preparation
- Squeeze of Lemon
- 1-2 tbsp. jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced, depending on taste
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced Brussels spouts, about three Brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup Mandarin oranges, use fresh if possible. If using canned, drain and rinse before adding to the salad
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
- salt and pepper to season to taste
- shredded red cabbage
- chopped avocado
- chopped walnuts
- Drizzle olive oil and a squeeze of lemon over chopped kale in a large serving bowl. Massage kale with the olive oil and lemon for 5 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add minced garlic and orange juice. Using a whisk, slowly add the olive oil to help emulsify the dressing. Whisk in plain yogurt.
- To the massaged kale in the serving bowl, add the jalapeno, Mandarin oranges, and parmesan cheese.
- Slowly pour about half of the dressing over the kale in the serving bowl and toss. Taste to check there is enough dressing, and add more if needed.
- Top with any of the additional toppings.