If you love traditional meatballs then you will not want to miss this twist on a classic recipe.
Chef Kevin Dundon is back on WOT and sharing his recipe for his Beef Meatballs Curry that you will absolutely want to try. Picture perfectly made traditional meatballs with a curry flavor that is hard to resist.
Beef Meatballs Curry
- 1 lb ground beef 80/20
- 1 egg
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 small pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 lime, halved
- salt and pepper
- In a bowl, combine the minced beef, egg, shallots, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce and seasoning. With your hands prepare 8-12 meatballs and set aside until needed.
- Preheat a large sauté pan, or wok over medium/ high heat and drizzle over the oil. Add the meatballs to the wok and cook for 2-3 minutes and well browned, stirring once or twice. Remove the cooked meatballs from the pan and set aside.
- Drizzle a little more oil in the sauté pan or wok add the minced garlic and ginger. Stir to combine and slightly brown.
- Add the onion, carrot, and pepper slices cook a further minute or so. Until the vegetables begin to color and slightly soften.
- Pour in the coconut milk, curry paste and lime zest and juice.
- Return the meatballs to the pan.
- Simmer for a further 4-5 minutes until the meatballs are fully cooked through.
- Serve immediately with a boiled a jasmine rice.
More about Kevin Dundon: He is a multiple cookbook author and had a great cooking series on PBS. He and his wife own the Dunbrody House in the southeast of Ireland, which is a country inn and cooking school. Kevin also has a great garden and tries to prepare as much farm to table as possible.