Here at Women of Today, we would consider ourselves easy recipe aficionados, and it doesn't get easier than this one!
Meet our Lemon Bucatini… It just might be the easiest dish you will ever make! And the best part is that you probably already have all the ingredients in your kitchen. However, If you don’t have bucatini noodles or parmesan, you can swap them for spaghetti noodles and Romano.
Even though this recipe calls for minimal ingredients, it is still packed with so much flavor you would never know it was so easy to pull together!
You can, of course, add a piece of protein to this pasta, like chicken or fish. And you can make this a full meal by pairing it with our Easy Mediterranean Salad!
- 8 oz. bucatini or spaghetti pasta
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 lemon, zested
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup Parmesan or Romano cheese
- chopped parsley
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water and set aside. Drain the pasta and then return it to the same pot.
- Over medium heat, add the butter and lemon zest to the pasta in the pot, add about ½ cup of the reserved pasta water, and season with sea salt and black pepper. Mix the pasta in the pot until the pasta is well coated with the mixture. If the pasta appears dry, add a little more of the reserved pasta water to the pot until you get the desired consistency.
- Turn the heat off and add the juice of half the lemon, stir well to combine.
- Divide the pasta into two serving bowls.
- Top with grated cheese, chopped parsley, and red pepper flakes (optional).
- Serve immediately.
All photos by Lorianne DeVita