Today, we're bringing your something a little different!
Camila teamed up with H-E-B to bring you this better-for-you Chicken Pad Thai with Sweet Potato Spirals! This recipe is packed with flavor and depth, and it’s naturally gluten-free! The combination of the savory flavors and the great texture of chopped cashews is sure to make this recipe one you add to your weekly rotation!
Check out the video below to see Camila make this dish step-by-step.
Sweet Potato Pad Thai
- 1½ lbs H-E-B chicken breasts, cut into bite size cubes
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, diced
- ½ cup H-E-B cashews, chopped
- 4 cups H-E-B Sweet potato spirals
- 3 tbsp H-E-B Toasted sesame oil, divided
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup cashew butter
- ¼ cup tamari
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- green onions, sliced
- cilantro, chopped
- 4 lime wedges
- 1 jalapeno, sliced (optional)
- Step one, in a jar or in a mixing bowl, combine the sauce ingredients and either shake them in a jar or whisk in a mixing bowl. Note, this sauce will be a bit thick. If it seems too thick, add 1 tablespoon of water and mix. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium heat and add in 2 tbsp sesame oil. When oil is hot, add the sweet potato spirals and gently toss. Season the spirals with salt and pepper to taste. Tossing occasionally, cook the spirals until they are tender, about 5-7 minutes. Remove spirals and set aside.
- In the same skillet or wok, at medium heat, add in 1 tbsp of sesame oil. Add the chopped shallot and minced garlic sauté for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add in chicken pieces and season with a pinch or two of salt and pepper. Gently, tossing, cook chicken for 5-6 minutes or until cooked through.
- Lower heat to medium and push the chicken to one side of skillet or wok. Crack the eggs into the exposed side of the skillet or wok and lightly scramble them for a couple of minutes until the eggs are fully cooked.
- Return the cooked sweet potato spirals into the skillet or wok and pour sauce over the mixture and toss to combine.
- Add in half of the green onions, half of the cilantro, and half of cashews. Toss to combine.
- Garnish with additional sliced green onions, cilantro, sliced jalapenos (optional) and a wedge of lime.
Making this recipe? Be sure and share it with us on the WOT Instagram or on Facebook!
Recipe sponsored by H-E-B