Fresh, bright, and perfect for a weeknight meal.
You know we love a sheet pan or one pot recipe here at WOT and this one for Lemon Ginger Chicken Sheet Pan is no exception! Hello no clean-up!
You can whip this recipe up the day of, or you can marinade the chicken in the morning or night before to pack in even more flavor.
WOT we love about this recipe: It has a spicy kick with the addition of dried chili peppers — But feel free to cut the amount of red pepper flakes in half or skip them if you like less spice. This dish has plenty of flavors either way.
And of course, we love that this is all made in one pan! If you’re looking for a nice size sheet pan, this one has been our go-to.
Lemon Ginger Chicken Sheet Pan
- 1 tbsp chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 1-2 inches of ginger finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tbsp low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tbsp honey
- zest of one lemon
- 2-3 lbs chicken thighs
- 2 red onions, peeled and quartered
- lemon zest
- 2 lemons sliced into rings
- In a small bowl, combine the chili pepper flakes, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, honey, and lemon zest.
- Place the chicken pieces in a bowl and pour the marinade over the chicken gently toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven and a baking sheet to 400°F.
- Place the chicken thighs skin side up on the preheated baking sheet arranging in a single layer with room between the pieces. Add the onion quarters and arrange the lemon slices in between the pieces of chicken.
- Bake the chicken for 25 minutes, remove the baking pan from the oven and flip the chicken over. Spoon drippings over the chicken.
- Reduce the oven to 375 degrees and return the chicken to the oven for 15 minutes.
- Flip the chicken over again to skin side up and cook until the skin is crispy and internal temperature reached 165 degrees or higher, about another 15- 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Plate and drizzle the drippings over the chicken and arrange the onions and lemons on the serving platter.
- Serve with your favorite sides.
Making this recipe? Be sure and share it with us on the WOT Instagram or on Facebook!
All photos by Lorianne DeVita