Want an easy no-bake dessert? We've got you covered!
Meet our No Bake Lemon Cheesecake — An easy and delicious dessert that happens to be no-bake and can easily be made gluten free by swapping in gluten free shortbread cookies. We also reduced the sugar in this recipe by 50% (yes, you read that right).
WOT we love about this recipe: If you’re more in the mood for lime or orange, you can easily change the entire flavor of the cake! Just swap out the lemon juice for either lime or orange, and use that fruit to decorate and garnish.
For such an easy recipe, this one certainly has a wow factor and you don’t have to be a pastry chef to do it!
No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
- 1 cup crushed shortbread cookies Walkers Gluten Free Shortbread Cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup lemon juice, about 2 lemons can also use lime or orange
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- lemon slices and zest
- Crush cookies and mix with melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 6” springform pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese and fresh lemon juice. Using a mixer, beat for a couple of minutes until well combined.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and beat for another 2-3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Spoon cheesecake batter into the prepared springform pan and add a small sprinkling of lemon zest to the top of the cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove springform outer ring and place thinly sliced lemon slices around the edge of the cheesecake.
- Slice and serve.
Making this recipe? Be sure and share it with us on the WOT Instagram or on Facebook!
All photos by Lorianne DeVita