Bread making doesn't need to be too complicated! Case-in-point: this recipe for Olive Oil No-Knead Bread.
I am loving all the recipes exchange we been doing through social media and the website! This one is a must! Thank you to Women of Today reader Rosalie for sharing this great recipe with us! If you try it out, please be sure to send us photos on Instagram so we can share it back with our community.
Olive Oil No Knead Bread
- Dutch Oven
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 packet dry active yeast
- 4 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sliced green olives
- 1 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2-4 tsp olive oil
- coarse salt
- dried parsley
- Mix warm water and yeast in a large bowl.
- Add one cup of flour and salt. Stir until combined.
- Stir in garlic, olives and oregano.
- Add remaining flour 1 cup at a time, stirring until well combined. You can also use your hands for this step.
- Cover with dishtowel and set aside to rise to for 90 minutes.
- Line dutch oven with parchment paper. Add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Flour hands and carefully remove the dough from bowel. Then place dough in the dutch oven. This is the trickiest part of the recipe. I take a rubber spatula and gently scrape the dough from the sides of the bowl. Then I scoop up the dough with both hands and quickly move it to the dutch oven. It's nice to have a helper to hold back the sides of the parchment paper. Also do not cut the edges of parchment paper that stick out above the pan because those will help you lift the bread out when done.
- Brush the top with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Cover again with dish towel. Let rise for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt and parsley.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 45-50 minutes.
- Let sit 5 minutes. Then remove bread from pan and place on wire rack. Let cool for 1 - 1 1/2 hours before slicing.