Ever looked in your kitchen and had NO idea what to whip up? So have we... And that is exactly where the idea for this recipe was born!
With spring here and summer around the corner, this Pantry Salad is the perfect light lunch or supper salad. The best part, you probably already have all the ingredients in your pantry.
This recipe came together one day at the end of a busy week in the WOT Test Kitchen and a little creativity was needed with limited ingredients (we’ve all been there).
WOT we love about this recipe: It’s quick, inexpensive, packed with protein, and great flavors! We added some tortilla chips on top for a little crunch which we highly suggest doing. You could also add sliced jalapeno if you have them and want a little extra heat. Feel free to modify this recipe based on what you have home.
- 15 oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz can of corn, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp red or yellow onion, finely diced
- 6 oz can of White Albacore Tuna
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- lemon wedges
- chopped tomatoes (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the black beans, corn, and red onion. Toss to combine.
- Add the tuna, breaking it apart while leaving larger pieces as well.
- In the mixing bowl, add the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- To serve: Top and or toss with fresh parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
Let us know what you think and if you have any #pantrysalad ideas. Let’s see how creative we all can get!
All photos by Lorianne DeVita