A super easy, light, and fresh appetizer!
Today, I’m sharing with you guys a great appetizer recipe that is perfect for your next spring or summertime party. This recipe hits all the marks: light, fresh, crunchy, fruity, and earthy!
Pear and Cheese Endive Bites
- 1 head of endive
- 1 ripe pear (peeled, cored, and cut into small cubes)
- 6 red seedless grapes, quartered
- 1 tbsp. blue cheese or feta
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts (Reserve 2 tablespoons for garnish)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Rinse the endive and remove leaves. You should have about 20 individual pieces in a head of endive.
- In a small bowl, add the cubed pear pieces, quartered grapes, blue cheese or feta, and the toasted walnut pieces. Stir to combine.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Gently toss to coat and check for seasonings. Depending on the ripeness of the pears, you may or may not need to add more olive oil.
- Using a small spoon, evenly divide the mixture between the endive leaves. Top each endive bite with a sprinkle of reserved toasted walnut pieces.
- Alternatively, you could fill the mixture in small tasting cups to serve.