If you are searching for a classic holiday roast recipe then look no further!
This classic roast beef recipe from Taste of Home checks all the boxes for a classic favorite. One of the best parts about this recipe is the accompanying sauce — It’s incredibly quick and easy to make (and versatile!).
But don’t just take it from us, here are some of the reviews that people left on the recipe at tasteofhome.com:
“The sauce makes this recipe incredible. Sliced cold with the sauce spread on bread for sandwiches is great for lunches too.”
“This is really good. I made it the first time and my family fell in love with it! I will definitely make this again!”
“I love the spices on this roast, but it’s the horseradish sauce that accompanies it that keeps this recipe in my regular rotation. I, too, have overcooked the roast before but realized I had a 3-pound one, so needed to adjust the time. Also, using a meat thermometer can help avoid overcooking.”
Peppery Roast Beef
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. seasoned pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 boneless beef eye round or top round roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 2 tbsp. prepared horseradish
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, combine the oil, seasoned pepper, garlic, thyme, and salt; rub over roast. Place fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with roast.