It's Grill Week here on WOT and today we bring you the secret to making perfectly grilled salmon.
As part of our grilling series, we are featuring standout recipes and videos that we think you all in the Women of Today community will enjoy. When we saw this video and mouthwatering recipe from Keegan Lare of Seared and Smoked, we knew we had to feature it during Grill Week.
Keegan describes this recipe as ‘marriage-saving grilled salmon’ and it also happens to be his wife’s favorite recipe! Check out the video below to watch Keegan show us how to grill perfect salmon with a dry rub that makes it taste more like steak than fish. A delicious caramelized rub on top with crispy skin on the bottom makes for the perfect bite.
Some tips for success for this recipe: Try and get fresh fish, and go for a cut that is thick! Keegan suggests Atlantic salmon with the skin on. You are also going to want your grill at over 500 degrees! High heat is important for this. Also, make sure that your grill is nice and clean. Lastly, make sure you have a big, tick spatula.
Perfectly Grilled (Marriage Saving) Salmon
- 1 whole salmon filet, about 1” thick
- 2 tbsp celery salt
- 6 tbsp kosher salt
- 12 tbsp brown sugar or turbinado sugar
- 6 tbsp ancho chile
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Season skin side of salmon lightly with rub and olive oil, rub into skin side. Season flesh side heavy with rub and olive oil.
- Heat grill to 500 degrees or hotter. Place the salmon on hot grill flesh side down with the thicker end of the salmon close to you. Set your timer for 3 minutes and close grill. With a large wide spatula, be very quick and deliberate and flip salmon. Set your timer for 5 minutes, close grill and cook until fish has an internal temperature of 130 degrees.
- When you are taking the salmon off the grill, be gentle as the skin can stick to the grill. You might need to work a little to release the skin side.
- Remove from grill and enjoy!
Thank you, Keegan, for being part of our First Grilling series!