Just in time for fall, we have a pumpkin theme appetizer that is perfect for your next party! Instead of serving your regular old dip or soft cheese, try this Pumpkin Cheese Ball instead … It is sure to wow guests and look great on any table. It’s easy to do, and takes under 30 minutes from start to finish.
Pumpkin Cheese Ball
- Stem of a bell pepper
- 2 8oz bricks of cream cheese (low fat or regular at room temperature)
- 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp minced onion
- 2 tbsp of your favorite salsa
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp minced jalapeño (or more to taste)
- .5 cup crushed nacho-flavored tortilla chip
- Tortilla chips for serving
- If your cream cheese is at room temperature, you can mix this by hand, It takes a little more work, but can be done. Otherwise, with a mixer, blend the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, onion, salsa, cumin, and jalapeño.
- Scoop onto plastic wrap and mold into a pumpkin shape (see photo above).
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Using a small bowl that is large enough to fit the cheese ball, add the crushed nacho-flavored tortilla chips to the bottom of the bowl. Unwrap the cheese ball and roll it in the crushed chips. Press the bell pepper stem on top of the cheese ball. Plate the cheese ball and serve with your favorite tortilla chips or crackers.
Recipe inspired by The Food Network.
Enjoy. Happy Halloween!
Women of Today