Looking for a fun Halloween recipe that isn’t too difficult to make? We’ve got you covered with this easy Spiderweb Guacamole. The ingredients are very simple … Start with your favorite guacamole recipe (we make our Erica McConaughey’s Chunky Guacamole recipe) and then all you need is some sour cream and tortilla chips.
To start, you will mold your guacamole into a circle on a plate. Next, to make the spiderweb, you will put your sour cream into a plastic bag, cut off the tip of the corner of the bag and pipe the web. It’s a quick and fun way to make your Halloween party a little more festive.
- 1 batch homemade guacamole
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- tortilla chips
- Using a serving plate, scoop guacamole in the middle of the plate. Take a large enough piece of plastic wrap and mold the guacamole into a circle (see photo above).
- Using a small plastic bag, add the sour cream to bag and using the warmth of your hands, gently press the sour cream in the bag to make it slightly warm and easier to pipe. At the corner of the plastic bag, cut a small tip off and practice a little pipping on a plate (see photo above). If you are not getting the desired amount out of the bag, make the opening a little larger.
- Starting from the inside of guacamole, make 3-4 circles of sour cream.
- Using a butter knife and starting from the middle circle of the guacamole to the outer circle of the guacamole, gently run the butter knife from middle circle to outer circle to create the “web effect”. Then do the same on the opposite side of the guacamole circle and continue to work your way around until complete.
- Decorate with plastic spiders or any of your favorite Halloween decorations.
Enjoy! Happy Halloween!
Women of Today