Nothing says summer quite like popsicles, right?! This recipe is a little different than your average popsicles … First of all, it is coconut milk based, making the popsicles creamy and delicious. Second, it is gluten free, refined sugar free, nut free and vegan, making it almost allergy fool-proof for anyone! These popsicles are a better-for-you way to enjoy a summer favorite.
We also use one of our favorite ingredients, butterfly tea, to create a stunning blue color. If you aren’t familiar with butterfly tea, we highly suggest buying a bag of it and keeping it in your kitchen — It is a stunning way to naturally dye food. We also have a recipe for Butterly Tea Lemonade and a Forth of July Refresher if you need some inspiration on how to use this versatile ingredient.
Red, White & Blue-berry Popsicles
- 1/4 c chopped organic strawberries
- 1/4 c organic blueberries
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 1/8 tsp butterfly pea tea powder
- 6 unit popsicle mold
- Blend ¼ c of chopped strawberries with ½ tsp of agave nectar and ¼ c of coconut milk.
- Pour into popsicle mold to fill up 1/3 of the way and set in freezer for about an hour to freeze first layer.
- Pour ¼ c of light coconut milk on top of frozen strawberry layer. Set in freezer to freeze for about an hour.
- Blend ¼ c blueberries with ½ tsp agave nectar, ¼ c coconut milk, and 1/8 tsp butterfly pea tea powder for more concentrated color.
- When white coconut milk layer has frozen, layer the blueberry mixture on top, set popsicle sticks in and freeze over night for your layered, dairy-free coconut and berry popsicles!
Women of Today