If you’re looking for a holiday side dish that will wow guests, look no further! This Roasted Cauliflower with Pine Nuts + Raisins is an eastern-Mediterranean inspired dish that is rich with flavor, so tasty, and easy to make.
We especially love a good cauliflower recipe this time of year (try our Roasted Cauliflower Soup if you haven’t yet!)! Cauliflower is a great choice for a side dish because it’s such a hearty vegetable … And it works great when flavored with a variety of spices or mixed with healthy add-ons. You will find just the right blend of sweetness from the organic raisins and coconut sugar, and spice from the crushed red pepper in this dish. It’s seriously mouth-watering good … It did NOT last long in the Women of Today test kitchen when Camila made it!
Pan-Roasted Cauliflower with Pine Nuts + Raisins
- 2 tbsp raisins (not golden, and we used organic)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets (4 cups)
- 1 tsp sugar (we used coconut sugar)
- 2 cups tomatoes—drained, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper, preferably Marash
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a small bowl, cover the raisins with water; let stand until softened, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- In a 10- to 12-inch cazuela or ovenproof skillet, heat the oil. Add the cauliflower and sugar and cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until the cauliflower starts to soften, about 10 minutes. Raise the heat to moderate and cook until the cauliflower is lightly browned, about 5 minutes longer.
- Stir in the tomatoes and crushed red pepper, season with salt and black pepper and cook until the tomatoes have begun to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the raisins to the cauliflower, along with 1/4 cup hot water, the pine nuts and chopped garlic. Transfer the cazuela to the oven and bake the cauliflower for about 30 minutes, until it is very tender.
- Stir in the parsley and lemon juice and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Serve the cauliflower warm.
Recipe by Food & Wine
Enjoy! Beijos xx
Women of Today