Zucchini Noodles! What a delicious alternative to pasta … There is no limit to how creative you can get with these noodles. Today, we are showing you the best, mouth-watering avocado basil pesto sauce to go with them! This is the perfect vegetarian lunch or dinner recipe and it also stores well in the fridge if you want to take as a meal on-the-go. To add some protein to this dish you could always top with some chicken, tofu or fish and it would complement it perfectly!
One important tip you must know is to make sure to pat your zucchini dry so that the noodles don’t get too watery. From there, you can decide whether you’d like your dish room temperature or chilled. We served ours chilled to get that extra crunch!
Trust us, you’ll have a gorgeous, impressive, and super healthy meal ready at your fingertips in no time with this one.
Zucchini Noodle Pasta with Avocado Basil Pesto
- 2 medium organic zucchinis, ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 large ripe avocado
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp water, plus more as needed for desired consistency
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan or goat cheese
- 1/2 cup organic grape tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Using a julienne peeler, mandolin, or spiralizer, spiralize the zucchini into noodles. Add noodles to a large bowl. You can also purchase pre-spiraled noodles.
- Place your noodles on paper towel and pat them dry. Remove as much excess water as possible.
- In a food processor, combine basil, avocado, garlic, pine nuts and lemon juice and pulse for 20 seconds. Add in water and process again until smooth.
- Transfer to the bowl of zucchini noodles and toss until the noodles are well coated. Top with tomatoes and cheese.
Recipe inspired by Ambitious Kitchen
Enjoy! Beijos xx
Women of Today