Zucchini Noodles! What a delicious alternative to pasta ...
There is no limit to how creative you can get with these noodles. Today we are showing you the best mouth-watering avocado basil pesto sauce to go with them! This is the perfect vegetarian lunch or dinner recipe. It also stores well in the fridge if you want to take it in the future as a meal on the go. To add some protein to this dish, you can top it off with some chicken, tofu, or fish. It would complement it perfectly!
Trust us! You will have a gorgeous, impressive, and super-healthy meal ready at your fingertips in no time with this one. Check out the video of Camila below, showing just how easy it is to make this yummy dish!
Two important tips for this recipe: pat dry the zucchini noodles after spiraling them, and we also served our dish chilled to have the right amount of crunch!
Zucchini Noodle Pasta with Avocado Basil Pesto
- 2 medium organic zucchini; ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 large ripe avocado
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp. pine nuts
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. water, plus more as needed for desired consistency
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan or goat cheese
- 1/2 cup organic grape tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Using a julienne peeler, mandolin, or spiralizer, spiralize the zucchini into noodles. Add noodles to a large bowl. You can also purchase pre-spiraled noodles.
- Place your noodles on a paper towel and pat them dry. Remove as much excess water as possible.
- Add basil, avocado, garlic, pine nuts, and lemon juice to a food processor and pulse for 20 seconds or until pesto is chopped. Add in water and process again until completely smooth.
- Transfer to the bowl of zucchini noodles and toss until the noodles are well coated. Top with tomatoes and cheese.
Recipe inspired by Ambitious Kitchen
This recipe is sponsored by H-E-B