Looking for a quick and easy summertime pasta dish that is filled with seasonal fresh ingredients?
Well look no further than this Roasted Cherry Tomato, Spinach and Parmesan Pasta. There is something so delicious about a summer pasta and this is one recipe we can’t get enough of.
WOT we love about this recipe: Is the fresh and savory flavor in every forkful. This is an excellent dish on its own, but if you want to stretch the recipe for more people top with grilled chicken, grilled sausages, or baked fish.
Give this $20 Tuesday recipe a try and let us know what you think!
Roasted Cherry Tomato, Spinach and Parmesan Pasta
- 3 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, rinsed
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 10 oz bag baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 lb angle hair or thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- fresh basil leaves
- grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Toss the tomatoes with the balsamic vinegar, Extra virgin olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Spread on a parchment paper lined baking sheet that has sides.
- Roast the tomatoes for approx. 20 min. until they are slightly shriveled and light brown. Scrape the tomatoes and all juices into a large bowl. Add the spinach.
- Toss the pasta with the spinach, roasted tomatoes, parmesan, and basil.
- Garnish with extra fresh basil and grated cheese.
If you want more $20 Tuesday recipes you can check them out here!
All photos by Lorianne DeVita
Note: $20 is an approximate cost for this dish. The actual price of all ingredients may vary.