Looking for a super quick starter for your cookout this weekend?
This Chilled Cucumber Jalapeno Soup comes together in about 10 minutes and no cooking is required! Depending on how spicy you like things, you can substitute the jalapenos for serrano chile peppers for a real kick of spice.
If you do not like spicy at all, skip the chiles altogether and you will still have a very bright and vibrant soup that is healthy and delicious.
WOT we love about this recipe: You can make this a day or two ahead of time and the flavors will meld together beautifully. This dish also looks so beautiful on any table that it just screams summer.
Chilled Cucumber Jalapeno Soup
- 1 English cucumber
- 2 jalapeno or serrano chiles (optional)
- 1 tbsp chopped shallot
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup cilantro including top of stems, chopped
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (we used 5% whole milk Greek yogurt)
- 1/2 tso sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- extra dollop of yogurt
- 4 cherry tomatoes, split
- cilantro leaves
- dill sprigs
- sliced jalapeno or serrano chiles
- Please all the soup ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust salt and pepper if needed. Chill until serving.
- To serve, ladle desired amount into individual bowls and garnish with tomatoes, cilantro, dill and extra sliced chile peppers if desired. Place a small dollop of yogurt into each serving if desired.
Let us know what you think!
All photos by Lorianne DeVita