We love salads that are packed with a variety of flavor – and this one is no exception! The sweet potato, quinoa, cranberries and feta add just the right amount of texture to our fresh, crispy red lettuce base. Make extra servings to enjoy this delicious salad as a leftover for lunch for days!
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Quinoa + Red Lettuce
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 5 tbsp total extra-virgin olive oil (divided for potato and dressing)
- 1 cup dried quinoa, rinsed under cold water
- 1/2 bunch red leaf lettuce, sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup goat cheese feta
- Preheat oven to 425° and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange sweet potatoes on the baking sheet, then drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and roast until golden and tender, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine quinoa and 2 cups of water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, 5 minutes more. Scoop quinoa onto a paper towel-lined baking sheet to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, sweet potatoes, red leaf lettuce, and cranberries.
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar and remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad, tossing gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper and stir in feta just before serving.
Recipe inspired by Delish.
Women of Today