Organic yams are a staple in our kitchen — They are filling and can be used in so many different ways for creative, fun and easy meals! Today, we are throwing healthy scoops of organic ground turkey inside of them for a punch of protein and to create a complete meal.
Plus, we decided to really go for it with a side bar of our favorite delicious toppings (a favorite thing to do at dinner time in Camila’s house). We used fresh organic tomatoes, spinach, peppers, jalapeños, avocado and goat cheese. Enjoy!
Turkey Stuffed Yams
- 3 large organic sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp organic coconut oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- desired toppings
- Poke holes in the yams and roast on 425 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- While yams are roasting, add coconut oil to skillet. Once warm, add in ground turkey and cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until turkey is cooked through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once yams are roasted, let cool.
- Cut each yam in half and scoop out a portion of the center. Add ground turkey inside.
- Top with desired toppings.
Recipe inspired by Instagram’s choosing_balance
Women of Today