I recently shared this recipe on TODAY because it is a go-to meal in my household … It’s healthy, quick to make, and my kids devour it! My whole family loves chicken so using it in this recipe is a no-brainer. I know dark meat can get a bad reputation among proteins because it’s fattier, but it makes for a richer, tastier sauce.
Technique tip: My kids like eating rotini because it gets nice and saucy. Plus, it’s a fun shape they enjoy.
15-Minute Chicken and Pasta With Sauce
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 small carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, diced
- 3 pinches flake salt
- 1 pound cooked ground dark meat chicken
- 1 pound pasta of choice
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to the time indicated on the package and drain. Set pasta aside.
- Over medium heat in another skillet, heat the olive oil and add garlic, onion, carrots and salt. Cook until everything is tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add in diced tomatoes and raise the heat to medium-high and cook all ingredients until a smooth sauce develops approximately 10 minutes.
- Blend the sauce until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Add the chicken back into the sauce and mix everything thoroughly.
- Spoon the sauce and chicken over your cooked pasta and enjoy.
Enjoy! Beijos xx