I love this dish! This is a quick and easy recipe for lunch or dinner that easily incorporates veggies and leftovers you might already have in the fridge. That’s the magic of bowls: you just put everything together, serve and enjoy!
Sweet Potato Chicken Bowl
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 bunch kale, de-stemmed and chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 pound cooked ground chicken
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped bite size
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or your favorite low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- In a small skillet, add honey and sesame seeds. Toast over medium heat for about 3-5 mins, stirring often. Place seeds on a plate or parchment paper in the fridge to crisp up.
- In a large skillet heat, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on high heat and quickly cook kale until browned in a few areas. Sprinkle with a little salt and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining olive oil and add crushed garlic, chicken and diced sweet potato. Cook over medium-high heat until potatoes and chicken are cooked through and slightly golden. Add in coconut aminos and saute for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- In a bowl, add ½ cup brown rice, ¼ of the chicken-sweet potato mixture and ¼ of the kale. Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top for crunch and add extra coconut aminos, if desired, to taste.
For my 15 Minute Chicken And Pasta With Sauce recipe click here and for my Chicken And Spinach Breakfast Bites recipe, click here.
Enjoy! Beijos xx
Recipe shared on Megyn Kelly TODAY.