These breakfast bites are a saving grace on busy mornings … Whether you need to grab a couple and run out the door or pack a few for the kids to take before they head off to school. You know these will be full of protein goodness to keep you and the family fuller longer — I love a recipe that gives my kids a reason to eat spinach.
Technique tip: You can refrigerate these for 4 days or freeze them for 2-3 months – just reheat by popping them in the microwave.
Chicken and Spinach Breakfast Bites
- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 cup spinach, rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 24-cup mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, crack eggs and add milk. Whisk together. Add pepper flakes if you like a little spice. Whisk again to combine. Set aside.
- Fill each muffin cup about halfway with ground chicken and spinach, evenly distributing the mixture among the cups.
- Pour the egg mixture into each muffin cup, leaving a little bit of room at the top for the muffins to rise.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the egg has set, and the edges of the cups are browned. The middle should be firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
- If the cups don't slide out easily, use a spoon to pop them out. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to three days.
Enjoy! Beijos xx
Recipe shared on Megyn Kelly TODAY