Looking for a quick weekend meal that is hearty in flavor and sure to please, then look no further...
Today in the Women of Today Test Kitchen we are serving up this scrumptious Sausage Tagliatelle. This is a dish that can easily be served as a first course or as a main course. It is also very budget-friendly (despite tasting gourmet).
We loved this recipe so much at WOT, we are willing to go out on a limb and say this might just become one of your new favorite recipes….
WOT we love about this recipe: All of the ingredients are very easy to find and this entire dish comes together in less than one hour!
Give it a try and let us know WOT you think. We think this dish will have you saying Buon Appetito!
If you are looking for a great bread to go with this pasta, we suggest trying our Garlic Bread With a New Twist, Literally.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp anchovy paste
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 28oz can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 sprigs of basil or 1/4 cup chopped (reserving some for garnish)
- 1 lb pasta cooked very al dente as you will finish cooking in the sauce.
- grated cheese
- chopped basil
- red pepper flakes
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic, chopped onions, and anchovy paste. Cook until onions are soft and translucent. If you like a little heat, add the red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute. Sautéing the red pepper flakes adds a toasted flavor to pepper.
- Add the Italian ground sausage, breaking it apart and brown.
- Add the tomatoes and sprigs of basil and simmer for 25 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook your pasta.
- After the sauce cooks for 25 minutes, add your cooked pasta toss and simmer for 1-2 min.
- Garnish with extra basil and serve.
All photos by Lorianne DeVita