Indulge in the perfect pairing of warm grilled bread and savory dipping oil!
This week in the WOT Test Kitchen, we created this Savory Dipping Oil with Grilled Bread — A simple and delicious appetizer that can be prepared quickly and we think, should be made often.
The flavors of this dipping oil come together beautifully to create a savory and aromatic oil that pairs perfectly with the grilled bread. The dish is finished off by rubbing the grilled bread with a clove of garlic, adding an irresistible flavor depth. This recipe is the perfect starter for any meal or can be served as a quick snack.
Savory Dipping Oil with Grilled Bread
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp Pecorino Romano cheese
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 slices of your favorite grilled bread
- Heat your grill pan or a grill to medium-high.
- Slice your bread and brush the cut side with olive oil, then place it on the grill or pan and gently press down with the back of a spatula. Grill for a couple of minutes until you have grill lines on the bread.
- Remove and rub the grilled side with peeled garlic clove and set aside.
- Add the olive oil and the balance of the ingredients to a small flat plate.
- Dredge your favorite grilled bread through the dipping oil and enjoy.
All photos by Lorianne DeVita