Looking for a new salad for the cooler months? Look no further!
This Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette is our version of a classic warm spinach salad and it is absolutely perfect for this time of the year.
The warm bacon adds the perfect amount of smokiness to the vinaigrette and makes for a hearty winter salad when served on a bed of spinach and topped with a hard-boiled egg.
This salad is an entrée on its own, but also pairs well with your favorite grilled chicken, steak, or salmon.
Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
- 6 oz baby spinach
- 8 slices bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 4 tbsp applet cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, cut in half
- In a large serving bowl, add cleaned and prepared baby spinach. Set aside.
- Place the bacon in a medium nonstick skillet and fry over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove cooked bacon and set aside. Pour out most of the bacon fat leaving about 3 tablespoons in pan.
- Over low heat in the same pan, add the chopped shallots. Sauté for 2-3 minutes or until slightly soft, but not browned. Add the cider vinegar to the pan, Dijon mustard and pinch of sea salt. Stir to combine and turn off heat.
- Pour the warm salad dressing over prepared baby spinach, toss to combine.
- Divide the salad between 4 plates or bowls: and top each serving with two hard-boiled egg halves and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Serve immediately
All photos by Lorianne DeVita