Because it is fall and we love a good grain salad around here
This Farro Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette by Kelly Powers is hearty, delicious, and full of flavor! It’s also great for meal prep as the farro holds up well for several days.
The tangy flavor of the pomegranate mixed with the heartiness of the farro makes this dish perfect for the season.
Enjoy it as a quick weeknight dinner or for a convenient lunch on the go!
Farro Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette
- 1 cup farro, dry (about 3 cups cooked)
- 1 cup mozzarella pearls
- 1/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup basil leaves and tender stems, thinly sliced
- 1 large or 2 medium eggplant (2 cups), diced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice from ½ to 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1/2 tbsp date syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- kosher salt
- Heat oven to 450° F.
- Prepare farro according to package directions. Rinse with cold water and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss eggplant in olive oil and season with a few pinches of kosher salt. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast for roughly 10 minutes, until soft and golden brown.
- In a large serving bowl, make the pomegranate by whisking together olive oil, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, date syrup, spices, and a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- Add farro, roasted eggplant, mozzarella, walnuts, and basil. Gently mix until thoroughly combined.
Recipe and image credit to Kelly Powers, MA, RD Founder and Registered Dietitian | Weeknight Dinners