You will definitely want this on your Holiday tables!
This holiday favorite is back on our menu, but this time we are making it refined sugar-free! Instead of packing sneaky white sugar into this classic side dish, we decided to make ours using organic honey. We love this recipe because it only takes 15 minutes to make, and is not overly sweet like some varieties tend to be.
Tip: Using fresh cranberries over frozen makes the dish look more vibrant so you can wow your guests.
We loved whipping up a Woman of Today-approved Cranberry Sauce in our kitchen for you to enjoy in yours.
Refined Sugar-Free Cranberry Sauce with Orange Zest
- 6 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 tsp. orange zest
- 1/4 cup juice of 1 large navel orange
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. water
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- raw organic honey to sweeten to taste
- In a medium saucepan, add the cranberries, orange zest, orange juice, and water.
- Cover with a lid, and heat over medium to medium-high heat for about 10 minutes.
- Lift off the lid, and use a wooden spoon to stir the cranberries, they should be sauce at this point.
- Add in the honey to taste and desired sweetness level.
- Add the vanilla and stir.
- Allow to cool to room temp. Serve at room temp or if not using, put in an airtight container and keep in the fridge.