Whether you have your family staying with you over the holidays this year or not, we all love a good special breakfast this time of the year!
This recipe is really healthy, really simple, and absolutely delicious for the holidays (and beyond!).
Check out the video below to see Camila make this dish step-by-step.
WOT else do we love about this dish? It’s colorful and looks impressive on any plate! The sweet potatoes can also be pre-cooked so you can really make your life easier and cook these the day before and store them in the fridge till the next morning!
Another great tip? Cook your eggs in the same pan as the hash so you have less cleanup after.
Camila likes to call this dish a ‘modern cowboy breakfast’ and we hope you love it as much as she (and we) do!
Sweet Potato Hash
- 2 large, sweet potatoes, peeled,chopped into cubes (precooked)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 whole red pepper, diced
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt (divided)
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 4 eggs
- 1 whole serrano or jalapeno chili pepper, sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- Peel and chop 3 cups of sweet potatoes. Boil for 5 minutes then drain (tip this can be done the night before and cooked, drained sweet potatoes can be stored in the refrigerator until ready to use).
- In a skillet over medium heat add the olive oil and diced onions and a pinch of salt. Cook for a few minutes, add the chopped bell peppers, remaining salt, paprika, and cumin. Sauté for 2minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add cooked cubed sweet potatoes into skillet and cook for 5-10 minutes until the potatoes are a bit golden, stirring occasionally. Add the black beans, stir, and heat through.
- Remove hash from pan, cover and set aside.
- To the same skillet, add a little oil or butter, and fry your eggs.
- To plate, add hash to center of the plate, top with your fried egg.
- Garnish with chili peppers and sliced avocado.
Recipe sponsored by H-E-B