When we happened to see these little beauties on Instagram, we had to reach out!
We went straight to Karli, founder of account, TheWellNutt to get our hands on this recipe for Crispy Air Fryer Artichokes so we could share it with you all.
And we aren’t the only ones who are fans — The Instagram reel has amassed over 2.9 million views!
Karli shared with us, “I’m all about finding the balance between living a healthy lifestyle without giving up the things you love, so finding ways to incorporate veggies while still making them taste delicious is always a goal of mine! These artichokes are the perfect combination of that – using an antioxidant-rich vegetable to create a tasty appetizer or snack you feel good about eating or serving. The key is not to skimp on the parmesan cheese and ensure you air fry them long enough for the tops to get bubbly and crispy!”
TheWellNutt Crispy Air Fryer Artichokes
- 1 can artichoke hearts You can buy them whole or pre quartered
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- salt Alternatives are to use a salt free “spice right” which is a blend of spices, but if you don’t have this could use onion powder, paprika - really whatever spices you want
- parmesan cheese for sprinkling
- 1 cup yogurt
- juice of half a small lemon
- 1-2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- pinch of salt
- garlic powder to taste
- Preheat air frier to 400 degrees
- Drain and pat your artichoke hearts dry. Lay them out on a baking sheet covered with foil or parchment (whatever you use in your air frier).
- Mix the olive oil and spices together in a small dish.
- Brush the mixture into each piece - give them a good coat.
- Sprinkle them with Parmesan cheese. Put them in the air frier for 14-16 minutes or until slightly crispy! I flipped halfway through, but this is not necessary.
- For the dip, just mix all ingredients together and adjust to taste.
Let us know what you think. Enjoy!
Recipe by Karli Nutter | TheWellNutt