Colorful, healthy, and tasty... This salad checks all the boxes!
This Strawberry Avocado Salad with Grilled Chicken and Champagne Vinaigrette is a great entrée salad that is both savory with a hint of natural sweetness. The whole thing comes in at about $20 to make for 4 servings.
WOT we love about this recipe: The fact that we are using fresh strawberries that are now in season. Sure, you can make this recipe any time of the year, but this salad just looks like summertime.
This recipe is also perfect as a starter salad with or without the chicken.
Strawberry Avocado Salad with Grilled Chicken and Champagne Vinaigrette
- 16 oz bagof baby spinach – washed and patted dry
- 2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup rough cut chopped walnuts
- 2-4 boneless chicken breasts grilled
- 2 tbsp champagne vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
- 6 oz extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- In a small bowl whisk together the champagne vinegar, olive oil, honey and sea salt and set aside.
- In the salad bowl or large platter, arrange the ingredients in layers: baby spinach on the bottom, then strawberries, avocado slices, pecans, feta, and walnuts.
- Slice the grilled chicken on the side or placed over the top.
- Serve with vinaigrette
If you want more $20 Tuesday recipes you can check them out here!
All photos by Lorianne DeVita
Note: $20 is an approximate cost for this dish. The actual price of all ingredients may vary.