Once you make these super easy homemade pita chips, we promise you’ll be hooked!
Today Karli, founder of account, TheWellNutt is back on WOT to share her super easy recipe for these Homemade Pita Chips. “My aunt had a huge basket of these chips out when she was hosting, and they were the talk of the town that night — So I knew I had to make them for The WellNutt. To no surprise, they’ve been a huge hit!”
These are thin and crispy, packed with flavor and so simple to make. If youre partial to Everything But The Bagel seasoning (a Trader Joes classic) + freshly grated parmesan cheese, these will be your jam. But if that’s not up your alley, you can swap out any spices or seasonings you like — You really can’t go wrong experimenting with species in this recipe!
In total, they take about 15 minutes or less to prep and bake and are great to have on hand for dips or just to snack on by themselves.
TheWellNutt’s Homemade Pita Chips
- 1 package of pita bread of your choice
- olive oil
- Everything But The Bagel Seasoning from Trader Joe's Or you can do salt, garlic powder or garlic salt
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- dried basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Pull pita bread apart so you have each half open face.
- Brush a good amount of olive on each, sprinkle seasoning on, basil (if doing), parmesan cheese and bake for 5-7 minutes or until desired crisp level (we like them extra crispy so goon the longer side. The cook time could also vary if you have thicker pita bread).
- Let cool for a few minutes and then break apart and serve.
Let us know what you think. Enjoy!
Recipe by Karli Nutter | TheWellNutt