This homemade pantry staple is a must-make!
There is nothing better than homemade pantry staples, and this Toasted Coconut and Almond Chocolate Butter from @panaceas_pantry is the perfect addition to yours! Not only is it fresh and easy, but incredibly affordable.
WOT we love about this recipe: Pairing this with apple slices makes for an easy and nutrient-dense snack that is also sweet and cuts that sugar craving!
Toasted Coconut and Almond Chocolate Butter
- 2 cups whole almonds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp powdered/granulated sugar of choice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add almonds to a large baking tray and roast for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and add coconut, roasting for a further 4 minutes. To ensure you don’t burn your coconut i recommend checking the coconut at 2mins, then again at 3 minutes- every oven runs differently, and over cooking the coconut (or almonds) will ruin the nut butter
- Allow to cool for a full 10 minutes before transferring to a high food processor and blendingfor 3-5 minutes. You will need to stop the machine and scrape down the sides regularly, and if you have a low-speed food processor this may take up to 10 minutes- in which case, it is a good idea to give the food processor breaks to avoid overheating.
- Once you have a smooth, drippy nut butter add salt, cacao and sweetener and blender only until combined.
Making this recipe? Be sure and share it with us on the WOT Instagram or on Facebook!
Recipe and photos by @panaceas_pantry