This homemade pantry staple is a must-make!
There is nothing better than homemade pantry staples, and this Toasted Coconut and Almond Chocolate Butter from @panaceas_pantry is the perfect addition to yours! Not only is it fresh and easy, but incredibly affordable.
WOT we love about this recipe: Pairing this with apple slices makes for an easy and nutrient-dense snack that is also sweet and cuts that sugar craving!
Toasted Coconut and Almond Chocolate Butter
- 2 cups whole almonds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp powdered/granulated sugar of choice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add almonds to a large baking tray and roast for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and add coconut, roasting for a further 4 minutes. To ensure you don’t burn your coconut i recommend checking the coconut at 2mins, then again at 3 minutes- every oven runs differently, and over cooking the coconut (or almonds) will ruin the nut butter
- Allow to cool for a full 10 minutes before transferring to a high food processor and blendingfor 3-5 minutes. You will need to stop the machine and scrape down the sides regularly, and if you have a low-speed food processor this may take up to 10 minutes- in which case, it is a good idea to give the food processor breaks to avoid overheating.
- Once you have a smooth, drippy nut butter add salt, cacao and sweetener and blender only until combined.
Recipe and photos by @panaceas_pantry