Sugar and Valentine's Day tend to go together, and we firmly believe that everyone deserves something sweet!
That’s why we’re so excited to let you know about healthier dessert options like these Valentine’s Day Coconut Bites from Pinch of Yum! Trust us … This is the kind of sweet treat you’ll want to share with those you love (instead of the processed stuff)! Plus, the mix of sweetness with a touch of salt has us totally in love!
We tried these bites in the Women of Today test kitchen, and they did NOT last long. To turn them into a great Valentine’s Day gift, try wrapping them in some red or pink bags with ribbons — They look beautiful! Follow the simple instructions to make them below.
By the way … Have you tried our Paleo + Vegan Coconut Milk Truffles yet? If these bites look good to you, you’ll definitely want to make those next!
Pro Tip: Natural Honey works great as a sweetener!
Nothing says love like pure melted chocolate! Try vegan chocolate chips – they’re delicious!
Valentines Day Refined Sugar Free Chocolate Coconut Bites
- 2 1/2 cups flaked coconut, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of sea salt
- 5 oz dark chocolate morsels/chips
- Pulse your coconut in a food processor or blender until the flakes become very fine and crumbly.
- Stir together coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and sea salt and then fold in the crumbly coconut.
- Squeeze mixture into small balls. The mix is a bit crumbly at first so we threw ours into the refrigerator for about 20 minutes so it was a bit more firm to work with!
- Place rolled out balls into the refrigerator for about 1 hour or so.
- Melt the chocolate for a minute or so in the microwave or over low heat in a saucepan. Using a spoon and fork, dip each frozen ball into the melted chocolate covering the coconut. Top with coconut flakes and enjoy! PS. These can be kept in your refrigerator all week long!
Women of Today