When you think vegan you don’t necessarily think cheesecake … So when we found this recipe from Dadaeats for Raw, Vegan and Gluten Free Blueberry Vanilla Cheesecake Bars, we knew we had to try them … Well, they did NOT disappoint! These bars are delicious, decadent and best of all, they contain no refined sugar!! They are definitely a better-for-you dessert option that we highly recommend you all try!
Pro Tip: We recommend soaking your cashews overnight so they are nice and moist, and can easily be blended! Also, make sure to keep them in the freezer until you are ready to serve so that they don’t melt!
Raw, Vegan and Gluten Free Blueberry Vanilla Cheesecake Bars
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 1 tbsp creamy almond butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 cups raw cashews, soaked soak cashews overnight, or "flash soak" by soaking in boiled water for one hour.
- 1/2 cup cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup + 1 TBSP full-fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cups frozen blueberries
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/2 tsp salt
- First, make sure that your cashews are soaked. You can soak them in water overnight or alternatively, soak them in hot, boiled water for an hour.
- Make raw crust by processing dates, almonds, coconut oil, vanilla, and almond butter together until mostly pulverized and small pieces are left. The mixture should be a little dry, but sticky enough to mold.
- Line a baking tray (I use an 8x8) with parchment or wax paper, and press the crust into it, until completely uniform. It should be very firmly packed.
- Now make the cheese filling. Drain soaked cashews and add to a high speed blender with the maple syrup, coconut milk, vanilla, lemon juice, coconut oil and salt. Blend thoroughly until completely smooth. Feel free to taste and adjust - I added a tad more salt and lemon juice to get the balance and acidity just right.
- Pour 1/2 of the cheesecake filling over the crust and tap until the mixture has evenly distributed.
- Now, add the frozen blueberries to the remaining cheesecake filling that you have left in the blender. Blend until completely smooth and light purple color is achieved.
- Now, gently pour the blueberry filling over the crust in your baking dish. Smooth with the back of a spoon or spatula, being careful not to dip into the vanilla layer. Tap the dish on the counter to ensure everything is uniform and smooth. Top with cheesecake with frozen blueberries, slivered almonds (if desired), and a pinch of maldon sea salt.
- Freeze cheesecake for 5-6 hours. (I know...patience is key, but so worth it)! When it's complete, slice into bars and enjoy! Best served immediately. Store in freezer.
Enjoy! Beijos xx
Women of Today