We tried this viral dessert recipe, and it lives up to the hype!
This Date and Peanut Butter Bark recipe has gone viral on social media for being compared to a Snickers bar but healthier. You know we love a better-for-you recipe, so we had to test it out, and we’re glad we did!
This recipe combines chewy Medjool dates, creamy peanut butter, crunchy cashews, dark chocolate, and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt to make a delicious, healthier dessert that’s also vegan and gluten-free.
Not only is it insanely delicious, but it’s always so easy to make and customizable. You can easily swap the peanut butter for another nut butter, or switch up the cashew topping for something else you like.
Viral Date + Peanut Butter Bark
- 24 medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup peanut butter, slightly warmed
- ¼ cup cashews, chopped
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Split the dates open and place them down on the parchment paper with the sticky side facing up. Make sure the dates overlap a little so that they stick together. Use your hands or a cup (with cooking spray) to press them down onto the baking sheet, flattening them slightly.
- Drizzle the dates with peanut butter and spread evenly. Then drizzle with chocolate and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with the chopped cashews and flake salt.
- Place the baking sheet in freezer for 10-15 minutes, or until the chocolate has set.
- Remove from the freezer, chop the bark into pieces and enjoy.